Monday, October 5, 2009

All in all, a good weekend!!

Well, I got home yesterday from about 40 hours of scrapbooking and I am wiped!! I had a great weekend and though I set an incredibly lofty goal to complete 45 pages, still managed to have a whole lot of fun and got done 31 in the end. Here's what I created.... :)

Lily's 1st Birthday Party:

I wanted to get back to stamping and keeping things simple on these pages. Besides the white cardstock I used very little paper and think that the simplicity of them is a welcome change from some of the very busy pages I have done.










I had a lot of fun playing with my new Slice (by Making Memories) this weekend. It is a bit finicky, but I really enjoy the end products! I cut out the words 'the' and 'gift' from the Spring cartridge and embellished this page with lots of brads, stamps and (of course) glitter! :)


This was my absolute favorite page of the weekend. It fell together in about 20 minutes and everytime I look at it, I love it more. I think I will put this one into my 12x12 frame that hangs in the livingroom!

I love glitter... And my Slice... And CTMH paper....

I did a lot of single page layouts this weekend (which is kind of unusual for me). I generally create 2 page spreads, but with our lake pics from summer, I decided to use one paper pack (the CTMH Moon Doggie Level 2 Paper) and think that these pages will all work together.






Here are a couple simple LOs with Ryan and Owen. Same color theme, but they turned out different.



As close as we get to a family pic is the camera on the counter set with the self timer. The first one cut off Ryan's head, so he had to slouch, but it works! :) I used lots of different products on this page, but think that the photo is still the focus....

This was the first page I did and I love how it turned out!

This is my least favorite page, but you can't win 'em all.....


What a big boy....I didn't know what to caption these pages as, but since Owen is holding a box of KD, it' his favorite foods page!


Simple. I cut all the flowers on my Slice and used rhinestones to make them pop.


BUSY! These pages were not doing it for me, so I kept adding more and more. In the end, I like them, but holy crap is there a lot to look at on them!!


I bought this paper at Prairie Chicks (in Hague - best store EVER!) on my way and had to use it! So instead of 2 little buddies, or 2 little birdies, it's 2 little burdies (the 'r' is silent)!


This was the only page I got done from Owen's b-day party... There will be many more to come!


Lots of Daddy pages - Loved these pics, loved the pages.... I used the CTMH Heartfelt Whimsy Die Cuts - check 'em out! They are so sweet!

Well, that's all! 31 pages over the weekend - not bad! It wasn't 45, but I am happy with the completed pages. Now, to unpack and get these pages into their albums... That may take a whole weekend!! Talk soon!

No comments: