Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ahhh..... Summer.....


I love summer.... The heat, the sun, the thunderstorms (that have actually been quite rare this year).... But one of my favorite things about summer are the extended hours of daylight. I love looking outside at 10:30pm and it is still somewhat light out....

The only drawback to the extended light is that the kids never really think that it is bedtime!! Which means they go to bed later and I get less and less time to 'play'! So, there really hasn't been a whole lot going on here! I squeeze in time when I can, but actually kin of look forward to fall when I will get to spend a bit more time in 'my room'. :) Especially now that it is more organized...

All it took was a whirlwind trip to Edmonton and Andrea and I had a blast! 7 hours at the West Ed, 4 hours on Whyte Ave, countless times getting lost (!!) and 7 hours at IKEA!! We were only gone for about 40 hours, so it was busy... But SO worth it!


SO, I saw this book at McNally Robinson called 'My Quotable Kid' and thought, what a fantastic idea... But not for $20 some dollars... So, with Andrea's urging, I made my own using a $1.50 notebook from Michael's and some of my favorite stamps and colors. Now every time that Owen or Lily say something adorable (which is often!), we write it down so we don't forget it... :)




Ahhhh... Tinkerin'! This paper is SO fun!! At the end of August, I will be holding 2 Tinkerin' scrapbooking workshops, so contact me today to signup! My tentative dates are Wednesday August 19th and Friday August 21st. Space is limited, so sign up now!

Using the July Stamp Of The Month, I random stamped my own background paper, inked it, colored it and glittered it... I was not a huge fan of this set, but am absolutely thrilled with how this turned out!

That's all for now! Talk to you soon!

--Jules



1 comment:

April D said...

love your room...looks great!