Monday, February 24, 2014

Chunky Crochet Baskets


I always need baskets/containers to tote things around and when I saw this pattern on Pinterest, I HAD to make one (or three...)! I made a few modifications to the pattern - found here.

You can use any kind of chunky yarn - I used the roving wool from Martha Stewart Crafts. It has a rating of 5 - Bulky, but to make the baskets a little thicker/sturdier, I used two strands at a time. I also used an 11.50mm hook, as I crochet quite tight. Gauge is not important here, so do what works for you. :)

Also, instead of working in the back loop only on rows 9 & 13, I continued working through both as I normally would and changed up my color as I felt like it. On my Navy/Purple and Aqua/Gray baskets, I did the recommended 6 rounds on the bottom. On the Coral/Mint basket, I did 8 rounds. It doesn't hold its shape quite as well as the smaller ones, but it sure does hold a lot of yarn!!

Can't wait to make a few more!

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie



 


No comments: